Family Freedom Weekend 2020
Leading families to freedom, one home at a time.
February 13 - 16, 2020
Family Freedom Weekend - www.kingsland.org/ffw
Parent Forum: Doing Life With Your Adult Child
Sunday Morning, February 16
9:30 am and 11:00 am
The Chapel (Entrance #6) - Central Campus
No cost or registration necessary.
If you have an adult child, you know that parenting doesn’t stop when a child reaches the age of eighteen. In many ways, it gets more complicated. Both your heart and your head are as involved as ever, whether your child lives under your roof or rarely stays in contact.
In this parent forum, parenting expert Jim Burns helps you navigate the toughest and the most rewarding parts of parenting your grown kids. Speaking from his own personal and professional experience, Burns offers practical answers to questions such as these:
- Is it OK to give advice to my grown child?
- What’s the difference between enabling and helping?
- What boundaries should I have if my child moves back home?
- What do I do when my child doesn’t seem to be maturing into adulthood?
- How do I relate to my grown child’s significant other?
- What does it mean to have healthy financial boundaries?
- How can I support my grown children when I don’t support their values?
Guest Speaker: Jim Burns - Jim Burns is the president of HomeWord and the Executive Director of the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University. Jim speaks to thousands of people around the world each year. He has close to 2 million resources in print in 20 languages. He primarily writes and speaks on the values of HomeWord, which are: Strong Marriages, Confident Parents, Empowered Kids, and Healthy Leaders. Some of his most popular books are: Confident Parenting, The Purity Code, Creating an Intimate Marriage, and Closer.
More info about Family Freedom Weekend - www.kingsland.org/ffw