Kingsland Women's Ministry is to provide women in our church opportunities to build deep and lasting friendships with one another. We want to assist ladies in discovering that they are called, chosen, and set apart for a distinct purpose that no one else can fulfill. We also purpose to be women who are challenged by the Word of God and one another, to fulfill the call and destiny that God has placed upon us as sisters, daughters, mothers, wives, and friends in the body of Christ.
Wednesday Evening: Legacy Classroom: L244
It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: By Lysa TerkEurst
June 26th –August 7th | 7:00 - 8:30 PM
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness. Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In this seven session study Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
Leader: Rebecca Skinner, Jessica Molinari, and Emily Albright
Workbook & Book: $20 (Please note workbook and book are required for this study)
Childcare for the Summer Wednesday night study is not available. Fall Women's Studies and Children Programs will begin on September 4th.
July 11 - August 1 | 9:30 - 11:30 AMBible Art Journaling
Bible Art Journaling is a creative way to document your walk with God and to worship Him through art. In this 4 week course, we will focus on the biblical concept of REST and learn some new art techniques that can be used in your bible journaling. This class is for beginners and experienced bible journalers alike! Many supplies will be provided to try out in class.
Leader: Cara Apple | Cost: $10 |Legacy Classroom: L244
- An unlined art journal OR a journaling bible
- Archival (Waterproof) Black Pen (recommended brands: Faber Castell, Illustrated Faith, Micron, and Staedler)
- Pencil with eraser
Thursday Childcare is available for Birth-Completed Fifth Grade for a cost of $20/family. Please register by Monday, July 8th.
Women's Ministry Team:
Felicity Ammons, Marnie Bello, Nicole Black, Jean Carter, Ashlie Cook, Kathleen Farris, Meghan Landi, Lindsey Nichley, Rebecca Skinner, Vianey Sanchez, Mary Whittington.
- What is it? First, it’s not a new program.It’s an identity. It simply identifies those who are of grandparent age.
- Who are they? If you, your close siblings, or high school graduates are grandparents then you can identify as First Generation. But I have great-grandchildren? What about me? Yes, First Generation includes you too. You are doubly blessed!
- Scripture and recent research indicate the influence that the First Generation impacts the second and third generation in their faith journey.By identity, FG-ers are Faith Models.We do this when we live intentional, tell our story, and have honest conversations. Kingsland desires to become more intentional in cultivating the wisdom of our more mature members by honoring the important role they have in the family and community.It’s not about age; it’s about purpose, identity, and the role we have in passing on the faith in Christ. Come and learn what First Generation is all about!