Kingsland Women's Ministry's purpose is to provide women in our church opportunities to build deep and lasting friendships with one another. We want to assist ladies in discovering that they are called, chosen, and set apart for a distinct purpose that no one else can fulfill. We also purpose to be women who are challenged by the Word of God and one another, to fulfill the call and destiny that God has placed upon us as sisters, daughters, mothers, wives, and friends in the body of Christ. Kingsland's Women's Ministry includes both the Central and North Katy Campuses.
Women's Introductory Teacher Training: Thursday, May 13, 2021 9:30-11:30 AM| Central Campus | Entrance 6 & 4 | Dr. Steven Jones, Teaching and Training Pastor Childcare available by registration for birth - fifth grade. Registration for childcare will end on Monday, May 10 at midnight.
Do you believe God has called you to equip the body of Christ as a teacher? We believe women serve an invaluable role in fulfilling Kingsland’s mission to invite all people to experience true fulfillment in Jesus Christ. This training will help you answer the following questions:
- What is teaching?
- How do I identify if I have the gift of teaching?
- How can I develop the gift of teaching?
- What are the basic elements of effective Bible teaching
Monday Night: Beginning March 22
7:00–9:00 PM | A-Conference Room | Entrance 1
- Elijah: Faith and Fire by Priscilla Shirer March 22- May 3 Leader: Valerie Hamre | Cost: $17 | A Conference Room
Tuesday Night Zoom Book Discussion Begins April 13, 7-8:30 pM
- Book Discussion: On The Bright Side by Melanie Shankle April 13-April 27 | Leaders: Tava Dalton and Cyndi Perry |Book Cost: $16 Please purchase your book through Amazon or your favorite bookseller prior to class start date. Please be ready to discuss Chapters 1-5 on April 13. Preview: On The Bright Side Book
9:30-11:30 AM | Central Campus Legacy Building | Entrance 4: South Parking Lot
Thursday morning Childcare is available for birth – Fifth Grade at a cost of $20/family. Please register by Monday January 18. Women's Bible study will not meet during KISD Spring Break on March 18.
- Bible Art Journaling: March 22- May 13 Leaders: Susan Derbecker & Danielle Green | Cost:$10| C158 (Entrance 3). Class size limited to 25 particpants.
- The Amazing Collection: Historical Books (Joshua- II Kings) by Big Dream Ministries
March 4 -April 29 | Leader: Pam Whitcomb | Cost: $14 | L244-L246
- Be Amazing: A Study on Godly Relationships by Big Dream Ministries January 21-April 15 | Leaders: Jill Burnside, Eva Haier, Shelley Meyer, Sandy Westervelt | Workbook Cost: $20 | Room: L260-L262
This 9 week Bible study is a study with a Titus 2 heartbeat. It is designed for busy moms with children ages birth - elementary school.
- Spanish: Vida Discipular 4 by Avery Willis
Leader: Gretha Perez | September 9- October 21| Book: Cost $12 | Room C231
- Freedom Ministry: Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh Wolgemuth
January 21 - April 22 | Leaders: Pat Bramlett, Shannon Busch, Rebecca Skinner| Book/Workbook Cost: $25 | Room: L256-L258
Thursday Morning: Off-Campus Study by ZOOM Begin March 25, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Elijah: Faith and Fire by Priscilla ShirerMarch 25-May 6 Leaders: Felicity Ammon, Kerry Morby, Laura Nelson | Book Cost: $17
Please purchase your workbook from Amazon prior to class start on January 21. Please register at no cost on the link below to recieve your personal Zoom Link. (This study will meet from 9:30-11:00 am by ZOOM)
Women's Ministry Team:
Cara Apple, Jill Burnside, Roberta Cobb, Kina Cockroft, Martha Gossett, Rachel Grimm, Tiffany Lynch, Rebecca Skinner, Vianey Sanchez, Mary Whittington.