The Vision of Kingsland's Ministry to Men:
WHO WE ARE
We are the men of Kingsland Baptist Church. We are men of God. We are men who are thankful for and humbled by the grace of God. We are men who are led by the grace and truth of God's Word.
Is to invite all men to experience true fulfillment in Jesus Christ, one home at a time. This true fulfillment is found by living out three foundational desires that God has put in the heart of every man.
1. Accepting God's grace to be strong, courageous, and faithful.
II Timothy 2:1 says, "Therefore my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." As Men of Kingsland, we accept God's grace to be strong and fight the battles that God has called us to fight. We will never back down from any attack of the enemy.
2. Bringing God's truth and strength to His bride
II Cor. 6:1-8, teaches us to work together with Him, as ministers of God, to bring the word of truth in the power of God, to His bride. As Men of Kingsland, our first priority is to bring this truth and strength to our own bride and then to the bride of Christ.
3. Living a life of legacy
Psalms 78:1-7 teaches us to lead our children and tell the generations of His strength and works. This life of legacy involves going beyond our own comfort zone and agendas and embracing the adventure God has called us to live. We refuse boredom! It is our desire to share and leave this legacy of accepting God's adventure with other men and most importantly, with our sons and daughters.
With God's help, we will see 10,000 homes experience transformation by the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the next ten years, by empowering men to live out their critical role in the home and community.
Gil Harris, Director of Men's Ministry
See Events tab
Affinity - A Support Group For Men
Tuesday Nights • 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm • Room C258 (at Central Campus)
Affinity is a support group for men who struggle with the inability to connect well with others in the way God designed all humans. This incapability manifests itself through things like isolation, powerlessness over sexual compulsions, avoidance of love and immoral relationships. These behavioral problems are recognized as being sourced in the designed-in need for intimacy that all humans have and that has been distorted by sin.
At Affinity, we expect to see men who:
• Struggle with sexual aspects of relationships.
• Avoid loving their wives – even though they want to love them.
• Have had long-term affairs, both sexual and emotional.
• Can’t shake their pornography habit.
• Don’t have truly close friends, and tend to isolate.
Affinity meetings are open and free to attend. No pre-notification is necessary to attend, just show up. For information, contact Doug Valot at email@example.com.
Shared Mission, Shared Adventure
A small Band of Brothers from the Men of Kingsland took a trip to Alaska to experience a shared mission and a shared adventure. It was a remarkable trip, one we plan to take every Spring.
We call our small groups “The Core” because small group community is the core of who we are and the heart behind sustaining life change. We have over 150 men meeting every week in small groups all over Katy and west Houston.
The purpose of Core Groups is to provide an environment for men to share life together, encouraging one another toward love for God and good deeds toward others.
Hebrews 10:24-25 tells us:
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
Types of Core Groups
Based on biblical examples, we encourage and support at least four types of Core Groups:
- Friendship / Accountability - David and Jonathan
- Coaching - Paul and Timothy
- Discipleship: Traditional Core Groups, Community Groups Men’s Groups
- Workplace Men’s Groups - Disciples with Jesus
- Affinity (Common Interest) Group - Peter, Andrew, John and James (fishermen)
If you are interested in joining or leading a new Core Group, please contact Gil Harris, Men's Director.
- What is it? First, it’s not a new program.It’s an identity. It simply identifies those who are of grandparent age.
- Who are they? If you, your close siblings, or high school graduates are grandparents then you can identify as First Generation. But I have great-grandchildren? What about me? Yes, First Generation includes you too. You are doubly blessed!
- Scripture and recent research indicate the influence that the First Generation impacts the second and third generation in their faith journey.By identity, FG-ers are Faith Models. We do this when we live intentional, tell our story, and have honest conversations. Kingsland desires to become more intentional in cultivating the wisdom of our more mature members by honoring the important role they have in the family and community. It’s not about age; it’s about purpose, identity, and the role we have in passing on the faith in Christ. Come and learn what First Generation is all about!