Welcome to FriendSpeak!
FriendSpeak trains and equips you to reach out to our International neighbors with English, friendships, and the Word of God. We are so excited that you are interested in participating in FriendSpeak ministry and embarking on a wonderful adventure of friendship with our international friends and neighbors as you help them practice their English conversation skills.
FriendSpeak Volunteers/Workers Info:
- Curriculum: FriendSpeak . Click here to find out more about FriendSpeak.
- Teaching Format: ONE-ON-ONE. Teacher (Friendspeak "workers") meets with assigned student (Friendspeak "readers") for an hour each week.
- You do not need to know any foreign language or be a Bible teacher to volunteer.
- Commitment: 12-14 weeks per term (Upcoming Fall: September 4 - November 20, 2019. We follow KISD & our church holiday schedule)
- Conversation Session: Each FriendSpeak Conversation session is typically 45-50 minutes long, allowing time for oral reading of the text (the gospel of Luke) and discussion. When: Wednesday Morning. 3 time slots available. Volunteers may pick more than 1 slot.
- 9:30 - 10:30 (Volunteers needed)
- 10:30 - 11:30 (Volunteers needed)
- 11:30 - 12:30 (Volunteers needed)
- Volunteer Requirements:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Desire to share the Good News about Jesus
- Ability to speak and read English
- Willingness to share one hour per week with the ministry
- Able to attend a one-time (2.5 hours) FriendSpeak training
*** For more info please contact Stacy Griffin (International Ministries Admin. Asst.), email@example.com; 281-675-7875
FriendSpeak New Volunteer Training:
August 18th, 2019. 12:30-3:00 pm; L244/246 (upstairs by the KSM Loft). Lunch provided.