Welcome to FriendSpeak!
We are so excited that you are interested in participating in FriendSpeak ministry and embarking on a wonderful adventure of friendship with our international friends and neighbors! May God use us to plant seeds of faith in the hearts of our international friends and neighbors as we befriend them and help them practice their English conversation skills.
FRIENDSPEAK Video (Click to view)
FRIENDSPEAK Video 2 (Click to view)
- Please register to volunteer by clicking the above “Apply To Serve” button and fill out the form.
- If you have any questions, please contact Stacy Griffin, firstname.lastname@example.org; 281-675-7875
FriendSpeak New Volunteer Training:
New Volunteer Training; August 18th; 12:30-3:00 pm; L244/246. Lunch provided. (Click button below to RSVP)
Pastor Ryan kicking off FriendSpeak
FriendSpeak Volunteers/Workers Info:
- Curriculum: FriendSpeak . Click here to find out more about FriendSpeak.
- Teaching Format: ONE-ON-ONE. Teacher (Friendspeak "workers") meets with assigned student (Friendspeak "readers") for an hour each week.
- Commitment: 12-14 weeks per term (Upcoming Fall: September 4 - November 20, 2019. We follow KISD & our church holiday schedule)
- Conversation Session: Each FriendSpeak Conversation session is typically 45-50 minutes long, allowing time for oral reading of the text (the gospel of Luke) and discussion. When: Wednesday Morning. 3 time slots available. Volunteers may pick more than 1 slot.
- 9:30 - 10:30 (Volunteers needed)
- 10:30 - 11:30 (Volunteers needed)
- 11:30 - 12:30 (Volunteers needed)
- Volunteer Requirements:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Desire to share the Good News about Jesus
- Ability to speak and read English
- Willingness to share one hour per week with the ministry
- You do not need to know any foreign language
- You do not need to be a Bible teacher
- Able to attend a one-time (2.5 hours) FriendSpeak training
*** For more info please contact Stacy Griffin (International Ministries Admin. Asst.), email@example.com; 281-675-7875