Student Ministry Summer Interns will have the opportunity to learn and develop ministry knowledge and skills by actively engaging in and supporting the ministry needs in areas of their specific passions and talents. From event planning, strategic prayer, Bible study writing and leading, worship leading and team building, the KSM Summer Interns will partner with our team as we work with parents to raise a generation of disciples for Jesus.
Our summer interns will also have the opportunity to be discipled and equipped by our KSM and church staff as they serve throughout the summer.
The 2018 Summer Internship Application will open October 16, 2017 and will close January 31, 2018.
- Heart for ministry to students and families
- Multi-tasker with some event planning and execution skills
- Creative thinker who takes initiative
- Personable and relatable with good communication skills
- Servant-Leader attitude in all things and a team player
- Eager to learn and be mentored
- Possible specialized skills in areas of speaking or worship leading (not required)
Support the KSM Ministry in, but not limited to:
- Kamp: Plan and Facilitate Kamp support KSM Staff with Kamp components, lead a student rec team, etc.
- Mission Trip: Give leadership, support, and admin help to trip leader before and during assigned mission trip
- Plan and teach a Summer Sunday Morning Elective Class
- Plan and teach a summer sunday morning elective class
- Plan and teach a weekday small group bible study
- Support the KSM Staff in the office with various tasks and learn the ins-and-outs of church ministry
Schedule and Hours
Schedule and hours may fluctuate, but will typically include:
- The Internship starts on May 16th and ends on August 2nd
- 40 hours per work week, typically made up of Sunday Mornings from 8am-12:30pm and Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm
- There will be extended hours during Kamp and Mission Trip
- There will also be some weekends where you may be needed to help serve with special events
- This is a paid position. You will recieve one week (5 days) paid leave during the Internship
Past Summer Interns
We have been so blessed in the past to get to work with fun, Jesus-loving, hard-working college students! Each summer, the Interns truly become a part of our team and we love getting to invest in and work alongside them!
If you have any questions about the Summer Internship or the Application, contact Curtis Lane: