The purpose of the the KSM Residency Program is to provide real-life, Gospel-centered ministry training and experience with students and families for those who sense a strong calling to vocational ministry.
- Biblical: We believe the Bible is the Word of God and our conscience guide and authority for everything.
- Gospel-centered: We believe that all effective ministry is centered and built upon the Gospel.
- Training: We believe in training Residents to be equipped and faithful to their calling.
- Experience: We believe the best learning comes from real life experience.
- Gifted Leaders: We believe in the discipleship of gifted leaders who will, in turn, disciple others.
- Serve: We believe in providing opportunities for Residents to love students, families and staff through service.
- Vocational Ministry: We believe this year long residency program is specifically designed for those who sense a strong calling to vocational ministry.
The KSM Residency Program is for
- Experienced candidates
- Those with a strong sense of the Lord’s calling
- Those looking for leadership opportunities in ministry
- Residents we can entrust with meaningful responsibilities
- Heart for ministry to students and families
- Multi-tasker with some event planning and execution skills
- Creative thinker who takes initiative
- Personable and relatable with good communication skills
- Servant-Leader attitude in all things and a team player
- Eager to learn and be mentored
- Possible specialized skills in areas of speaking or worship leading (not required)
Residents will support the KSM ministry in, but not limited to:
- Small Group Leading/Shepherding
- Assitance in major evernts: Uturn, Kamp Kingsland, Mission Trip
- Help plan and teach Sunday Morning and Mid Week curriculum
- Discipling students
- Support the KSM staff around the office with various tasks while learning the ins-and-outs of church ministry
- Support the KSM staff in pastoral care and disciplship meetings
Each Resident will have the opportunity to “emphasize” in at least one of the following areas of ministry they desire to grow in:
- Junior High Ministry
- High School Ministry
- Small Groups Ministry
- Guys or Girls Ministry
Schedule and Hours
Schedule and hours may fluctuate, but will typically include:
- Start date dependent on Resident
- Internship lasts for a period of 12 months
- 24 hours per work week, typically made up of Sunday Mornings from 8am-12:30pm and Monday-Thursday flexible hours
- Tuesday afternoon KSM Staff meeting
- There will be extended hours during Uturn, Kamp, and during Mission Trip. There may also be some weekends where you may be needed to help serve with special events
- This is a paid postion; Residents will receive 2 weeks paid leave
The 2018 Residency Application will open November 1, 2017 and will close March 1, 2018.