Global Media Outreach from Prestonwood Baptist Church on Vimeo.
Thank you for indicating your interest in becoming an Online Missionary with Global Media Outreach! This in-depth application process is both helpful and necessary to safeguard and maintain the biblical integrity of our program. Please read the requirements below carefully before you begin.
1. You will be asked to provide the names and e-mail addresses of two spiritual leaders (such as your Bible study leader, mentor or pastor) who can give a reference for you. This should not be an immediate family member.
IMPORTANT: Please notify your references that you are giving out their contact information and inform them to watch for the Global Media Outreach request for their reference. They may need to check their spam folder. Until GMO receives these responses, you will not be able to proceed with any training.
2. Due to legal restrictions, our Online Missionaries must meet be at least 18 years of age.
3. You must have reliable Internet access and agree to check your account regularly (at least three times a week).
4. Online Missionaries must have followed Christ for at least two years. Our Online Missionaries minister to people with a wide variety of needs and questions, so it is important to have significant experience in walking with the Lord.
5. After your application is approved, you will receive a link to a website where you can complete your training at one sitting, or in several short sessions. When you complete the online training, you will be assigned to a temporary training community for your first four weeks where you will begin to respond online to people seeking Christ from all over the world! Your training Community Leader is extremely knowledgeable and is there to help you become successful and confident in answering the inquiries you will get. He or she has volunteered to be available and to assist you if you have a question.
6. At the end of the temporary training community, you will be assigned to your newly formed Church Online Missionary Community led by a local Community Leader.
When you begin the application process by clicking the link below, please make sure you complete it in one sitting—it cannot be saved. You may wish to copy, paste, and save your work in a Word document as you go, just in case. Click here to begin: