Welcome to FriendSpeak!
We are so excited to serve along side with you! We are glad that you are embarking on a wonderful adventure of friendship with our international friends and neighbors! May God use us to plant seeds of faith in the hearts of our international friends and neighbors as we befriend them and help them practice their English conversation skill.
FRIENDSPEAK Video (Click to view)
FriendSpeak New Volunteer Training:
- January 20th at 12:30-3:00 in Room L244/246.
- Lunch is provided.
- Please register by filling out the form at the bottom of this page.
- If you have any questions, please contact Stacy Griffin, email@example.com; 281-675-7875
Pastor Ryan Kicking Off FriendSpeak
FriendSpeak Volunteers/Workers Info:
- Curriculum: FriendSpeak . Click here to find out more about FriendSpeak.
- Teaching Format: ONE-ON-ONE. Teacher (Friendspeak "workers") meets with assigned student (Friendspeak "readers") for an hour each week.
- Commitment: 12-14 weeks per term (Jan 23 - May 8, 2019. We follow KISD & our Church holidays schedule)
- Conversation Session: Each FriendSpeak Conversation session is typically 45-50 minutes long, allowing time for oral reading of the text and discussion. When: Wednesday Morning. 3 time slots available. Volunteers may pick more than 1 slot.
- 9:30 - 10:30 (Volunteers needed.)
- 10:30-11:30 (Volunteers needed.)
- 11:30-12:30 (Volunteers needed)
- Requirements from Volunteers:
- Desire to share the Good News about Jesus
- Ability to speak and read English
- Willingness to share one hour per week with the ministry
- You do not need to know any foreign language
- You do not need to be a Bible teacher
- Able to attend a one-time (2.5 hours) FriendSpeak training
*** For more info please contact Stacy Griffin, firstname.lastname@example.org; 281-675-7875