Welcome to FriendSpeak!
We are so excited to serve along side with you! We are glad that you are embarking on a wonderful adventure of friendship with our international friends and neighbors! May God use us to plant seeds of faith in the hearts of our international friends and neighbors as we befriend them and help them practice their English conversation skill.
FRIENDSPEAK Video (CLICK HERE)
Pastor Ryan Kicking Off FriendSpeak
FriendSpeak Volunteers/Workers Info:
- Curriculum: FriendSpeak . Click here to find out more about FriendSpeak.
- Teaching Format: ONE-ON-ONE. Teacher (Friendspeak "workers") meets with assigned student (Friendspeak "readers") for an hour each week.
- Commitment: 12-14 weeks per term (Sept. 12 - Dec.12, & Jan 23 - May 15. We follow KISD & our Church holidays schedule)
- Conversation Session: Each FriendSpeak Conversation session is typically 45-50 minutes long, allowing time for oral reading of the text and discussion. When: Wednesday Morning. 3 time slots available. Volunteers may pick more than 1 slot.
Future/Potential Openings: Wednesday Nights. 3 time slots available. Volunteers may pick more than 1 slot.
- 9:30 - 10:30 (Volunteers needed.)
- 10:30-11:30 (Volunteers needed.)
- 11:30-12:30 (Volunteers needed)
- 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Requirements from Volunteers:
- KBC members
- You do not need to know any foreign language
- You do not need to be a Bible teacher
- A couple hours of FriendSpeak training
- Teachers Meeting as needed
- Optional: attending weekly "Alpha class" for support and relationship building among ourselves. Click for more info.
*** For more info please contact Luke or Sarah at email@example.com