Welcome ESL Volunteers!
We are so excited to serve along side with you! For your infomation, we are using FriendSpeak for our Beginner-2 students. We are glad that you are embarking on a wonderful adventure of friendship with our international friends and neighbors! May God use us to plant seeds of faith in the hearts of our international friends and neighbors as we teach them English.
Informational sessions to learn more:
- Sunday August 05th |11:00 am| Room L256/258
- Sunday August 12th |11:00 am| Room L256/258
ESL Volunteers/Teachers Info:
- Curriculum: FriendSpeak . Click here to find out more about FriendSpeak.
- Teaching Format: ONE-ON-ONE. Teacher meets with "assigned" student for an hour each week.
- Commitment: 14 weeks per term (Sept. 05 - Dec.12, & Jan 23 - May 15. We follow KISD & our Church holidays schedule)
- Conversation Session: Wednesday morning from 9:30 am - 10:30 am. Each FriendSpeak Conversation session is typically 45-50 minutes long, allowing time for oral reading of the text and discussion.
- Requirements from Volunteers:
- KBC members
- A couple hours of FriendSpeak training
- Teachers Meeting as needed
- Optional: attending weekly "Alpha class" gathering for support and relationship building among ourselves
*** For more info please contact Luke or Sarah at email@example.com